Terms & Conditions
By making a reservation with Cape Town Holiday Apartments (CTHA) & Advertentia Real Estate you agree to the following terms & conditions:
- Check-in time is from 14:00 (2pm) onwards on the day of arrival. All guests are to be met in person to complete check-in process. For check-ins after 18:00 (6pm) a meet & greet fee of R300 is payable on arrival before keys can be handed over.
- Check-out time is 10:00 (10am) on the day of departure. Penalty fee of at least R150 / hour for late check-out (without prior arrangement).
- We will try to accommodate all other arrival and departure times, but these can only be confirmed on the day. If you have any special requests please contact your host on email@example.com or via telephone on +27 (0)86 111 2842.
- To guarantee early arrivals or late departures, an additional fee of a half days’ rental will be charged, provided the apartment is available for the period required.
- Payment Terms:
- Full payment is required within 48 hours of making the booking to secure all reservations – either by credit card or bank transfer. If by credit card, you can make payment via a secure online link.
- No guests can be accommodated without full payment received in advance. Should payment intervals for long stays not be made as arranged, you will be requested to vacate the apartment, and we reserve the right to deny access to the apartment (changing of locks) until full payment of overdue amount is received.
- Please take note that due to the additional bank charges that CTHA & Advertentia Real Estate will incur in the event of cash deposits and fees incurred in the event of international bank transfers, the client accepts responsibility for the payment of all such additional fees. CTHA & Advertentia Real Estate therefore reserves our right to request a reimbursement of such fee directly to us. For your convenience credit card facilities are available through a secure online payment system.
- NOTE: Credit Card Payments
The original credit card used for making a reservation together with positive identification of the cardholder must be presented upon check-in. No keys will be handed over without the above!
- Key & Breakage Deposit:
- A standard key & breakage deposit is payable before or at check-in. This amount depends on the standard of the apartment and may be changed at owner’s / management’s discretion.
- The following type of payments are accepted: Secure online payment / authorisation link that can be sent directly to you or sent with the check in host on the day of arrival (preferred).
This is for all short term stays less than 28 nights only.
- If no credit card will be available upon check in and for all stays more than 28 nights; the deposit is payable via EFT but needs to bank before arrival.
- If none of the two options above was actioned a non-refundable cash payment must be made before check in can be completed.
- Deposits will be refunded between 7 and 14 working days after banking details have been received, should everything be in order.
- If extensive cleaning is required upon departure, CTHA will charge a cleaning fee.
- Any loss or damage to the property and/or its contents must be paid for, whether accidental or intentional. Any lost keys or keys not returned will result in locks & keys being replaced and the guest held accountable for such charges. This is in the interest of security.
- Due attention is therefore advised. Should such damage or loss be more than the Key & Breakage deposit, you will forfeit your deposit and still be liable for the balance of such loss and/or damage. We reserve the right to proceed with legal action without notice.
- Rights Reserved:
- We reserve the right to cancel a reservation and request that you vacate the apartment without refund should your behaviour cause a nuisance and/or disturbance to neighbours, or your conduct deemed to be suspicious, or if you intentionally damage the content or property itself.
- Cancellation Policy:
We may impose a cancellation fee in the event of cancellation before arrival. The fee will depend on the nature of order, the length of notice of cancellation before arrival, the reasonable potential to find alternative clients for the reservation and the reason for cancellation. No refunds in the event of cancellation after check-in.The following cancellation fees apply on the full booking value:
- More than 2 months prior to Arrival – 10%
- 1 – 2 Months prior to Arrival – 25%
- 15 – 30 Days prior to Arrival – 50%
- 7 – 14 Days prior to Arrival – 75%
- Within 7 days of Arrival – 100%The above cancellation fees will be revised should we be able to re-let the apartment. The reservation booking fee is not refundable and will be utilized to cover costs.
- Any Refunds and the waiver of cancellation policies are at the sole discretion of management and the ability to re-let the property.
- A Cleaning / Admin fee is applicable and payable on all reservations.
- All apartments are not serviced during your stay. Housekeeping, cleaning and the replacement of linen/towels can be arranged at an additional charge.
- All apartments are “non-smoking”. Please consider other guests and refrain from smoking indoors. Failure to comply will result in deposit being forfeited.
- Only the number of people indicated when making the reservation can be accommodated.
- Consumption such as water & electricity is included in the rental (unless excluded by mutual agreement on longer rentals).
- Strictly no pets are allowed.
- We reserve the right to substitute the applicable apartment with another similar or higher quality apartment, should the apartment not be “lettable” for any of the following reasons:
- Internal damage
- Death of the apartment’s owner and/or spouse leading to withdrawal from the rental pool
- Any security breach which could risk the safety of our guests
- Breach of contract by apartment owner
- Intention of Use:
- The use of our apartments are solely for the purpose of short term rental accommodation. Our apartments are not available for the purpose of any form of primary residence.
CTHA & Advertentia Real Estate, it’s employees and/or agents do not accept liability for any loss and/or damage to any personal items and/or person for any reason whatsoever. Sufficient travel & medical insurance is therefore recommended.Although we at CTHA and Advertentia Real Estate pride ourselves in providing accommodation, that adheres to reputable safety standards, all visitors and guests, should hereby take note and accept that should they not use the facility as indicated or in any other circumstances improper fashion for instance strolling from the normal pathways, accidents may occur. Neither CTHA, Advertentia Real Estate, nor its staff or employees will accept liability for any injury to or damage of property belonging to any visitor or guest, if such, injury or damage to property caused by any circumstances without its reasonable control. This includes any consequential damages caused as a result of such injury or damage to property.Please store all valuable items in the rented property safe or any other secure facility as CTHA & Advertentia Real Estate will not accept liability with regards to the disappearance or damage of valuable items of visitors or guests, unless such disappearance or damage has regard to any situation within CTHA / Advertentia Real Estate reasonable control.
- CTHA & Advertentia Real Estate cannot be held responsible and/or accountable for services rendered by third parties such as Internet & Satellite TV Providers, and facilities at apartment complexes such as elevators and other building facilities.
By accepting this booking you confirm that you agree to the Terms & Conditions as set out above.
Legal Entity: Franzane Property Investment CC T/A CTHA (Cape Town Holiday Apartments)
Registration number: CK/2002/102664/23
Address: 12 Walter Levy Str, Panorama, Cape Town
Legal Entity: Advertentia Real Estate
Registration number: 2020/571326/07
Address: 12 Walter Levy Str, Panorama, Cape Town